Bob Redd Memorial Outstanding Youth of the Year Scholarship
Applications are due by Monday, March 25th, 2024
The voting members of this Scholarship Committee are made up of the Recreation Commission.
The Brewster Recreation Department’s Bob Redd Memorial Outstanding Youth of the Year Committee provides scholarships to selected eligible student applicants. For the school year 2023-2024, we will provide two (2) one thousand dollar ($1,000.00) scholarships based on the following considerations and criteria:
- The applicant must be a Brewster resident.
- The student must be a high school senior who is enrolling at a higher educational institution deemed accredited by the committee.
- Prior to monetary disbursement of the scholarship award, each scholarship recipient must present a certified copy of an official transcript with a raised seal (or report card) from the accredited institution. The transcript must show passing grades from the previous semester upon notification of scholarship selection.
- The Scholarship Committee will judge each applicant based upon his/her character, scholastic record and outstanding community service.
- If the selected student successfully meets these requirements during their first year of academics, they will become eligible to receive a second, $1,000 scholarship for their second year of academics.
Past Scholarship Winners
2023 - Dylan Joy and Jillian Parrott
2022 - John Szucs and Madison Marshall
2021 - Cambria Parrott and Chris Pombo
2020 - Jack Judd and LeAnn Kender
2019 - Max Christopher and Jeanne Henchy
2018 - Rae Gainey and Helen Gainey
2017 - Lucy McNamara and Cameron Henchy
2016 - Kino Gray and Rebecca Miller
2015 - Rachel Lagasse and Alec Milesky
2014 - Tia Patelle-Murphy and Tyler Mason
2013 - Jillian Gagnon and Dominick Vitale
DONATIONS ARE WELCOME. PLEASE DONATE BELOW